The Management of ROSWELL TANKERS CORP. is committed to take all reasonable precautions and measures, during the operation of managed vessels, in order to ensure safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life and avoidance of damage to property.
The Company’s goal is to achieve ZERO incidents through continuous improvement.
To fulfil these objectives, the management is committed to the following approach:
- Complying with mandatory rules and regulations and taking into consideration the Codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the IMO, Flag Administrations, Class Societies and Industry organizations, applicable to operations of managed vessels.
- Adherence to an Integrated Management System (IMS) by all Company’s employees, including managed vessels, which promotes the concept of HSSQEEn excellence, continuous improvement and enhancement of personnel skills.
- Assigning employees possessing sound skills and capabilities in required areas of responsibility, including adequate verification resources.
- Defining the organization, responsibility, authority and interfacing of the various management functions within the frame of the IMS.
- Providing for safe and environmentally sound practices in ship operation and ensuring safe, secure and healthy working environment to personnel ashore and on board vessels by employing best management practices.
- Providing the necessary training to ensure that Company’s employees are capable of achieving safety and pollution prevention objectives in the work they perform.
- Providing facilities, systems/equipment and a maintenance system that is suited for the purpose of achieving objectives.
- Conducting management review meetings and management system audit
The company commits itself to providing adequate resources and training to its personnel, whether shore-based or on board ships, to meet the requirements of this policy. It shall be ensured that all personnel understand the policy and endeavour their utmost to implement the same at all times.