ROSWELL TANKERS CORP. is committed through continuous efforts to improve environmental performance in all areas required by the international regulations and laws and Company’s IMS and EMS towards a cleaner environment, and to ensure:
- Pollution prevention that emphasizes source reduction, including necessary funding and human resources, to effectively maintain the on board systems, equipment and components.
- Continuous reduction of environmental risks.
- Sharing information on environmental performance with external stakeholders.
- Minimizing the environmental impact of its operations.
The Company’s goal is to achieve Zero spills or releases to the environment and reduction in permitted emissions through continuous improvement.
For achieving this goal, the Company:
- Complies with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and requirements and applies responsible standards where laws, regulations and requirements do not exist.
- Responds quickly and effectively to environmental incidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organizations and authorized government agencies.
- Assesses all identified risks to the environment and establishes appropriate safeguards.
- Shows concern and respect for the environment, emphasizes every employee’s responsibility in environmental performance and fosters appropriate operating practices and training.
- Undertakes appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy.
- Conducts and supports research to improve understanding of the impact of its business on the environment, to improve methods of environmental protection and to enhance its capability to make operations compatible with the environment.
- Manages its business with the goal of preventing environmental incidents and of controlling emissions and wastes to below harmful levels.
- Designs, operates and maintains facilities to this end.
- Shares its experience with others to facilitate improvements in industry performance.
This Policy has the full support of Top Management, is available to the public and applies to all Company’s employees ashore and on board.